2022 Research Experiences for Teachers
RET participants working in a classroom.
RET participants using a scanning electron microscope to image device structures at the micro- and nanoscale.
Research Experiences for Teachers (RET) at the Nanotechnology Collaborative Infrastructure Southwest (NCI-SW) at ASU is an innovative five-week summer research program for K-12 teachers and community college faculty. As the southwest regional hub of the National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure (NNCI), the NCI-SW will offer RET participants the opportunity to work with nationally recognized scholars in micro- and nanoscale research and leaders in science education. Participants will also spend one day a week during the program to work on curricula, demonstrations and lab projects tailored to the needs of their students.
- Explore the world of the very small in a variety of state-of-the-art laboratories
- Conduct research with the nation’s top nanotechnology scientists
- Develop connections between the lab and the classroom
- Implement new curricula at your school
- Establish long-term relationships with faculty, staff and graduate students
Research work may be carried out at the Tempe campus of Arizona State University or the Flagstaff campus of Northern Arizona University, depending on project availability.
NOTE: Our goal is to provide a quality, in-person learning environment that adheres to public health and safety guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. If the COVID-19 pandemic conditions are such that we need to change our plans, an announcement will be made as soon as possible.
- May 31 – July 1, 2022
- Stipend – $6,000 (paid in 3 installments)
- Open to current K-12 teachers and community college faculty with at least 2 years of experience teaching science or engineering
- S. citizen or permanent resident
- Prohibited from taking courses or working while participating in the program
- Must be available to attend the entire five-week program
- Must deploy curricular products in home institution
Deadline: March 15, 2022, 5:00 pm MT
- Applicants need to submit a completed application and a resume via email to: Raymond.Tsui@asu.edu