2017 Research Experiences for Teachers
Photos of 2016 RET participants working in a cleanroom.
Research Experiences for Teachers (RET) is an innovative five-week summer research program for high school teachers and community college faculty at the Nanotechnology Collaborative Infrastructure Southwest (NCI-SW) at ASU. As the southwest regional hub of the National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure (NNCI), the NCI-SW will offer RET participants the opportunity to work with nationally recognized scholars in nanotechnology research and leaders in science education.
- Explore the world of the very small in a variety of state-of-the-art laboratories.
- Conduct research with the nation’s top nanotechnology scientists.
- Develop connections between the lab and the classroom.
- Implement new curricula at your school.
- Establish long-term relationships with faculty, staff and graduate students.
- May 30 – July 3, 2017
- Stipend – $5,200 (paid in 3 installments)
- Open to current high school teachers and community college faculty with 2 years of experience teaching science or engineering.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Prohibited from taking courses or working while participating in the program.
- Must be available to attend the entire five-week program.
- Must deploy curricular products in institution.
Deadline: March 15, 2017, 5:00 pm MT
- Applications will be considered after the deadline date until all positions are filled.
- Applicants need to submit a completed application and a resume via email to: Raymond.Tsui@asu.edu.